Welcome to The England Expereince

Hello and Welcome
I am a sophomore whose home institution is Indiana State University.
I am studying abroad in the United Kingdom, for a whole semester at Edge Hill University located about 20 min train ride north of Liverpool.
I will try to update this blog at least once a week, but may only be able to once a month.
I will add information about my travel experiences I have encountered, be them about activities, food, people or places.

Monday, April 23, 2012

It's that time of the Term.. ESSAYS!!!

Oh goodness.
Someone, help me!
It is the end of my life!!
Life as I know it is about to stop!!!
Okay... Maybe I am being over dramatic, you can't blame is gay queen.. Can you? lol.
Life has been going on much as it has for the term.
I have six essays and one powerpoint due before I leave for the States.

Over what, and in which class you ask?
Let me tell you.

Contemporary Britain: Educational Attainment and Social Class (1,500 words), Social Mobility (1,500 words), Reflection (1,000 words).

Sociology of Conflict: Media Representation of Northern Ireland, with specific view on rioting and plastic bullets (3,000 - 4,000 words)

Social Work with Youth: Social Work with LGBT Youth, with a specific focus on Counseling (2,500 words)

Social Work in Mental Health: Provisions of Mental Health for LGBT People (4,000 words)

Now. We ARE allowed to go 10% below or above the word limits, and lets be honest. I will TRY to have them the word limit, but I do not think it will happen. I have finished 3 essays. I am still working on my LAST Contemporary Britain essay (Educational Attainment and Social Class), but I am COMPLETELY lost on my Mental Health essay. There is only TWO mentions of sexuality in the Mental  Health Act of 2007.. Which is a good thing, but still bad... I have absolutely NO idea how to write about it, especially not for 4,000 words, or even 3,600 words.
My professor told me to just do my best and I will do fine.. But I just can't seem to figure this stuff out.
I WILL get it done, but I do not think it will be my best work. I will be surprised if I even pass the class by the skin off my teeth.

Oh well. That rant is over.

Essays will mentally drain me, but that just means I will be too worn out to stress about the plane ride and what not.
I am excited to get home and see everyone. I miss my family, and friends desperately.

Well, I should get off here and get back to work.. There is one good thing about this.
I am learning my limits and I am really starting to LOVE the library.

I will be back online soon.

OHHH updates are coming SOON ( whenever I get done with my papers) so be prepaired to check out my posts in other months, and the photos I will be putting up on here.

Cheers!
~Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment