Welcome to The England Expereince

Hello and Welcome
I am a sophomore whose home institution is Indiana State University.
I am studying abroad in the United Kingdom, for a whole semester at Edge Hill University located about 20 min train ride north of Liverpool.
I will try to update this blog at least once a week, but may only be able to once a month.
I will add information about my travel experiences I have encountered, be them about activities, food, people or places.

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Coming Home ROUGH idea

So.

It looks like I will be coming home on April 28th :)

I am so excited to be making it back to the states.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the United Kingdom, but I miss my family, friends and country (even with all its problems lol)

I will be taking a bus to London, and then navigate the Tube to London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4 with all my luggage because I can't afford the coach that goes straight to the airport ( That would be 50 - 60 GBP, compared to the 8 GBP, ).. And I mean, I have done it to get here, so I can do it go back :)

I put overdraft protection and overdraft forgiveness on my card so I can pay for my ticket... I know I shouldn't do that, it will add 300 dollars I will have to pay back later, but what choice do I have?

I mean, I messaged family and they can't really afford to help because of some craziness back at home.... i.e. sister is prego , and then there are bills that everyone has to pay, and there are other things that happened that needed money to solve (cars not working and what not), which is perfectly understandable, I should have planned and saved some emergency funds incase something happend, really this IS my fault that I do not have any funds, and I don't want my family to feel like they have to help me.I am an adult, and I accept that this is really beyond anyones control or foresight. I don't even feel like I need to blame someone, because really.. No one is at blame, no one could have said that this would have happened... I am so happy for the aid I have received from friends and family, and I really dont want this blog to seem like I am asking for money because I am NOT, I am just making things known :) I think that the biggest lesson I have learned is how I never realized how hard it can be to be on my own which also includes taking responsibility for my financial situation, I think studying abroad made me grow up, although I had to make the mistake of not being prepared and thinking that I knew it all (Yes, I just admitted I was wrong, Kerry, YOU were right [as always] :-P ). I guess I will come home a bit more wiser.

But it really doesn't matter, I AM getting home, I will just have to work twice as hard this summer to pay it all back.

I think I am going to stay the night in the Airport, since I will not have any money for a hotel or hostel.

I am getting a little nervous because I don't like to fly, but I am more excited to get home.

Staying in the airport isn't really going to bother me because I doubt I will be able to sleep with all my excitement and nerves, but I will be craving coffee and a smoke but again.. I can do it, besides I won't even have any funds for that anyway (I guess that is a hint that I should stop smoking huh? DO NOT ANSWER THAT! I plan on quitting when I get home, since the apartment I am getting in the fall will be smoke free)

I know everything will work out, so I am not worried. I just wish I had more funds so I wouldn't be a stretched for cash and anxty about the trip, and would be able to at least have a bit of a safety net incase something happens that I can't forse, like a delay on my bus, causing me to miss my train, or to get food while I wait at the airport lol.

Plus I need to print papers, and I don't have enough cash on my student account to pay for them :(

But I am going to go and see if the international office will be able to pay for my papers, since they clearly didn't give us enough money for printing ( I mean 2 GBP only? Come on, that isn't even enough for the amounts of papers they have us do, not even enough for one class.)

I guess I am just so excited to get home that I am not really worried.

Oh well.. everything will work out, and I am just so excited :)

I will post more information as I get it, including flight times, air lines, and my ETA to Indianapolis International Airport :)


No comments:

Post a Comment